Cycling Tour - Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve
Description: Come discover one of Atlanta's classic cycling routes around the beautiful Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve. On this tour you will get to see the rock outcroppings that make the preserve famous; unique flora; historical quarries and farmland; as well as Arabia's sister peak Panola Mountain. We will ride 17-20 miles at a comfortable pace; no rider is left behind. Novara road bikes can be provided at no additional charge. Prerequisite: Introduction to Road Cycling Class or equivalent skills. Age restrictions apply (15 years old and up).
Skills you'll learn:
- Have a fun cycling experience in a beautiful place
- Learn group riding techniques
- Get some exercise
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Cycling Tour - Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve Information
CYCLING TOUR - ARABIA MOUNTAIN NATURE PRESERVE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|5/3/2014 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $65.00
|6/8/2014 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $65.00
Spots left: 4
Cycling Tour - Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Cycling Gloves
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Spare bike tubes - Inner tubes for replacing flat tires specific to road bikes.
- Road Bike Shoes
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Bike tire patch kit - Used to repair a flat tire when the leak is small.
- Road Bike - Drop bar handlebar bikes with 700cc size wheels.
- Bike Tools - Items necessary for making quick adjustments and repairs in the field.
- Bike pump - A portable bike pump that is attached to the bike.
- Group First Aid Kit
- Cycling Helmet