Cycling Tour - Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve
Description: Come discover one of Atlanta's classic cycling routes around the beautiful Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve. On this tour you will get to see the rock outcroppings that make the preserve famous; unique flora; historical quarries and farmland; as well as Arabia's sister peak Panola Mountain. We will ride 17-20 miles at a comfortable pace; no rider is left behind. Novara road bikes can be provided at no additional charge. Prerequisite: Introduction to Road Cycling Class or equivalent skills. Age restrictions apply (15 years old and up).
Skills you'll learn:
- Have a fun cycling experience in a beautiful place
- Learn group riding techniques
- Get some exercise
Duration: 3.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Cycling Tour - Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve Information
CYCLING TOUR - ARABIA MOUNTAIN NATURE PRESERVE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|7/2/2013 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $65.00
Spots left: 8
|8/3/2013 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $65.00
Spots left: 6
Cycling Tour - Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Spare bike tubes - Inner tubes for replacing flat tires specific to road bikes.
- Cycling Gloves
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Road Bike Shoes
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI:
- Cycling Helmet
- Bike pump - A portable bike pump that is attached to the bike.
- Road Bike - Drop bar handlebar bikes with 700cc size wheels.
- Bike tire patch kit - Used to repair a flat tire when the leak is small.
- Bike Tools - Items necessary for making quick adjustments and repairs in the field.
- First Aid Kits