Learn to Ski or Snowboard Class
Description: Have you wanted to learn to ski or snowboard but just don't know how to get started? Join the REI Outdoor School, the Professional Ski Instructors of America, American Association of Snowboard Instructors and a local resort in this great first-time experience. This two-part class includes a 2-hour presentation on getting started in snowsports and a day on the mountain, including a lesson by PSIA/AASI instructors where we'll help you gain the skills you need to hit the slopes again and again! This class offers a complete package with rental equipment, in-store and on-mountain instruction, lift ticket and transportation. Note: This class is for adults (18+ yrs)
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn the basics on appropriate equipment and clothing
- Discuss ways to stay warm and comfortable
- Gain an understanding of what to expect when learning to ski or snowboard
- During the on-mountain class, instructors will cover basic techniques for getting started skiing or snowboarding.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Learn to Ski or Snowboard Class Information
LEARN TO SKI OR SNOWBOARD CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
Learn to Ski or Snowboard Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Energy Snacks
- Warm Hat
- Lunch & Snacks
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Ski Goggles
- Water Bottle
- Ski or Snowboard Gloves
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Ski or Snowboard Socks - Socks designed for warmth and comfort in ski and snowboard boots
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Snowboard and Boots
- Ski or Snowboard Helmet
- Alpine Ski Equipment
- Group First Aid Kit