Learn to Ski or Snowboard Class
Description: Have you wanted to learn to ski or snowboard but just don't know how to get started? Join the REI Outdoor School, the Professional Ski Instructors of America, American Association of Snowboard Instructors and a local resort in this great first-time experience. This two-part class includes a 2-hour presentation on getting started in snowsports and a day on the mountain, including a lesson by PSIA/AASI instructors where we'll help you gain the skills you need to hit the slopes again and again! This class offers a complete package with rental equipment, in-store and on-mountain instruction, lift ticket and transportation. Note: This class is for adults (18+ yrs)
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn the basics on appropriate equipment and clothing
- Discuss ways to stay warm and comfortable
- Gain an understanding of what to expect when learning to ski or snowboard
- During the on-mountain class, instructors will cover basic techniques for getting started skiing or snowboarding.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Learn to Ski or Snowboard Class Information
LEARN TO SKI OR SNOWBOARD CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Learn to Ski or Snowboard Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Ski or Snowboard Socks - Socks designed for warmth and comfort in ski and snowboard boots
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Ski Goggles
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Ski or Snowboard Gloves
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Hat
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Personal Camera
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
Gear provided by REI:
- Ski or Snowboard Helmet
- Group First Aid Kit
- Snowboard and Boots
- Alpine Ski Equipment