Kayak Day Tour - Cosumnes River Preserve
Description: Join REI for a kayaking tour of the Cosumnes River Preserve. Located between Sacramento and Stockton before the river enters the Delta and flows to the Pacific Ocean. The free-flowing nature of the river allows frequent and regular winter and spring overbank flooding that fosters the growth of native vegetation and the wildlife dependent on those habitats. More than 250 bird species, more than 40 fish species, and some 230 plant species have been identified on the Preserve. We will paddle up to 4 miles throughout the scenic fingers of the river in search of the abundant wildlife. No prior kayaking experience is required.
Skills you'll learn:
Exploration of the Cosumnes River Preserve
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Day Tour - Cosumnes River Preserve Information
KAYAK DAY TOUR - COSUMNES RIVER PRESERVE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Day Tour - Cosumnes River Preserve Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Water Bottle
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
Gear provided by REI:
- Dry Bag
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Touring/Recreational Kayak