Cycling the Wine Roads of North Georgia
Description: Come join REI Outdoor School as we cycle from vineyard to vineyard near Dahlonega to taste some of the fine wines being produced in North Georgia. During this ride participants will get a chance to tour wineries and vineyards of various sizes, from large-scale to family farm. We'll shuttle you from Atlanta to Three Sisters Vineyards to beging our adventure. We'll ride to Cavender Creek Vineyards first for a private tasting of 5 wines with the owner. Then we'll ride to Frogtown Cellars for 5 more tastes and lunch. We'll finish back at Three Sisters for a final 3 wines before heading home. This trip includes: high qu ality bikes, three winery tastings, vineyard walks, lunch, technical support, professional instructors, and wine tasting instruction. Total ride distance for the trip 10 miles over rolling terrain. Prerequisites: Age 21 years of age or older. Previous cycling experience is required. Participants may bring their own road, mountain or hybrid bike tuned within the last 6 months. Trip duration includes drive time.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn to appreciate the wine roads of Dahlonega by bicycle
- See a variety of different winery operations and taste local wines
- Enjoy the beautiful landscape of North Georgia wine country with professional guides
Duration: 7.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Cycling the Wine Roads of North Georgia Information
CYCLING THE WINE ROADS OF NORTH GEORGIA
- Class Details
- Gear List
Cycling the Wine Roads of North Georgia Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Energy Snacks
- Cycling Jacket - Light jacket to help break the wind and water.
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Camera
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI: