Cycling the Wine Roads of North Georgia
Description: Come join the REI Outdoor School as we guide you through some of the most scenic riding the state has to offer! We'll cycling through rolling vineyards, along mountain lakes, and past the majestic peaks of the Southern Appalachians. Included in the price, you'll have a reservation at the Hiker Hostel just north of Dahlonega. Arrive on your own schedule Friday evening, and enjoy a good night's rest. Following a homemade breakfast in the morning, you'll meet your guides. We'll then take you on one of many scenic rides through North Georgia depending on the group's experience and goals. Following the ride, lunch will be provided and we'll visit a local winery where you will get to sample several local vintages. Cyclists are welcome to make reservations to stay at the Hostel a second night, though it is not included. Friday night lodging, breakfast and lunch on Saturday, wine tastings, and a road bike rental are all included on this tour. Prerequisites: Age 21 years of age or older. Previous cycling experience is required. Participants who bring their own bike are eligible for a discount. Please see our BYOBike option for the same class title. Trip duration only includes the ride bike ride, winery visit, and lunch.
Skills you'll learn:
- Be guided along some of the best cycling routes in the state
- Taste local wines
- Meet fellow cyclists
- Relax knowing your guides are there to make sure you have a great time!
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Cycling the Wine Roads of North Georgia Information
CYCLING THE WINE ROADS OF NORTH GEORGIA
- Class Details
- Gear List
Cycling the Wine Roads of North Georgia Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Personal ID (i.e. Drivers License) - ID indicating 21 years old +
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Energy Snacks
- Personal Camera
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Cycling Jacket - Light jacket to help break the wind and water.
- Padded Cycling Gloves
Gear provided by REI:
- Cycling Helmet
- Bike tire patch kit - Used to repair a flat tire when the leak is small.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Bike Tools - Items necessary for making quick adjustments and repairs in the field.
- Mountain Bike
- Group First Aid Kit