Exploring the Sierra: Flora, Fauna and Geology of the Sierra Nevada
Description: Come join the REI Outdoor School and other like minded hikers on a trip to discover the flora, fauna and geology of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We'll introduce you to local natural gems, explore the natural history of the location, teach you a few tips to making hiking more comfortable and help you hike at your own pace. See location details for which hike we'll be doing. Please bring a day pack large enough to fit lunch, layers, water and personal items.
Skills you'll learn:
- Explore lesser known majestic hikes in the Sierra with REI professional instructors
- Learn natural history of the area
- Learn tips and tools to make your hiking more comfortable and enjoyable.
Duration: 4.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Exploring the Sierra: Flora, Fauna and Geology of the Sierra Nevada Information
EXPLORING THE SIERRA: FLORA, FAUNA AND GEOLOGY OF THE SIERRA NEVADA
- Class Details
- Gear List
Exploring the Sierra: Flora, Fauna and Geology of the Sierra Nevada Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Hiking Boots
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Personal Camera
- Personal Snacks
Gear provided by REI: