Intermediate Snowshoeing Class
Description: Are you ready for the next step? Head out on snowshoes with the REI Outdoor School to gain a summit or a destination at elevation. Along the way we'll explore aspects of technique, navigation, and know-how necessary for Sierra winter adventure. You'll be exhilarated with your experience on this steeper, more technical snowshoe outing.
Skills you'll learn:
Review of basic snowshoeing techniques Next level technique of in climbing, desending Review and demo more aggressive and technical snowshoes Basic navigation techiques and considerations Winter emergency shelter and survival options and demonstration Intro to snow and avalanche conditions Comprehensive information on advanced equipment and clothing
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Intermediate Snowshoeing Class Information
INTERMEDIATE SNOWSHOEING CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Intermediate Snowshoeing Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Hat
- Warm Gloves
- Water Bottle
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Camera
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Personal Snowshoes
- Energy Snacks
- Personal GPS
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.