Family Hiking Class
Description: This easy excursion will introduce your kids to exploring the outdoors and will leave them wanting more. Join our REI Outdoor School instructor on a kid-friendly hike in a local park to discuss tips and tricks for planning family trips into the outdoors. Learn how to pick a good trail and how to keep the kids interested and happy on the hike. A kid-specific version of Leave No Trace principles will be taught to emphasize good habits in the outdoors. The instructor will tailor the class to your family's needs. Kids need to be old enough to hike or be carried. Bring your child carrier backpack if needed.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn how to pick a good trail for the entire family
- Learn activities that will engage kids of a variety of ages during a hike.
- A kid-specific version of Leave No Trace principles will be taught to emphasize good habits in the outdoors.
- Learn how to care for yourself and your child outside.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Family Hiking Class Information
FAMILY HIKING CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Family Hiking Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Water Bottle
- Hiking Boots
- Lunch & Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Personal Camera
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Energy Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit