Introduction to Road Cycling Class
Description: This outing is perfect for beginning cyclists who know the basics of riding but are looking to explore the rapidly growing sport of Road Cycling. You'll receive instruction on 'sharing the road' with motor vehicles/urban riding; gears/shifting; proper braking/bike control; hill climbing/descending/wind techniques; riding etiquette and traffic law. Please bring proper riding apparel.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn the unique nature and purpose of the Road Bike
- Learn the proper techniques for 'sharing the road', gears/shifting, proper braking, hill climbing/descending/wind techniques, riding etiquette/traffic law, and basic bike maintenance
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Road Cycling Class Information
INTRODUCTION TO ROAD CYCLING CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
Introduction to Road Cycling Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Personal Camera
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Road Bike Shoes
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Energy Snacks
Gear provided by REI: