Overnight Backpacking Class
Description: Let us help you with your first backpacking experience. Join our instructors on an overnight trip to a nearby scenic camp. Our instructors explain how to choose and use equipment (including how to load and carry your backpack) to maximize your comfort and fun. You'll also learn about campsite selection, camp cooking, water treatment and Leave No Trace etiquette. Course includes all required gear (backpack, tent, sleeping bag, pad, stove, all cookware, trekking poles, and water filters) and food.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn how to pack a backpack for fit, balance and accessibility
- Learn techniques of how to properly wear and hike with a backpack for ultimate comfort on the trail
- Learn additional camp skills such as choosing a camp site, camp cooking, water treatment, sanitation, and Leave No Trace principles
- Discover local areas where overnight backpacking is available.
Duration: 2.0 days
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Overnight Backpacking Class Information
OVERNIGHT BACKPACKING CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
Overnight Backpacking Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Hiking Boots
- Water Bottle
- Lunch & Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
Gear provided by REI: